Altru Health System Review
Altru Health System is a community of 4,000+ health professionals and support staff committed to caring for residents of North Dakota for more than 100 years. Altru medical centers provide quick and quality express care to their patients. Their health providers are able to effectively cope with any diseases and condition, including a sneaky cough, ear infection, ankle sprain, etc. Care is available on a walk-in, first-come, and first-served basis.
Altru Health System provides free aids and services to patients with disabilities to communicate effectively with the clinic and also provides free language services to people who do not speak English well.
Altru Health System provides the following services:
- Cancer Center (from chemotherapy and radiation therapy to personal holistic services);
- Center for Prevention & Genetics (they help people understand their risks, prevent, help manage, and reduce the expression of inherited disease);
- Pregnancy & Birth (perinatal care);
- Robotic Surgery (complex surgical procedures through tiny incisions, using advanced robotic-assisted technology);
- Heart & Vascular (comprehensive heart and vascular care);
- Orthopedics (cartilage restoration, chiropractic services, concussion management, joint replacement center, medical orthopedics, orthopedic surgery, orthopedic trauma, pediatric orthopedics);
- Weight Management Program (meal replacements and behavior change);
- Pediatrics (the prevention and treatment of illness in newborns, infants, children, and adolescents);
- Inpatient Rehabilitation (case management, occupational therapy, pain management, pastoral services, pharmacy, physical therapy, prosthetics & orthotics, rehabilitation nursing, rehabilitation psychology, respiratory therapy, speech/language, therapeutic recreation);
- Express Clinic (express care for cold, cough, ear infection, flu, sore throats, sprains, strains, stomachache, urinary tract infection).
Besides, their website is a source of medical information and health-related tools like Health Navigator, Calorie Burner Counter Calculator, Desirable Body Weight Calculator, Waist to Hip Calculator, Smoking Cessation, Body Mass Index Calculator, Target Heart Rate Calculator, Nutritional Needs Calculator, and Risky Drinking.
How to make an appointment?
Altru’s clinics offer same-day appointments within the same day of needing care. They are available at various locations. You can see a full list of urgent care clinics on their website. You can make an appointment by calling at the phone number specified in Our Locations section. You can also self-Schedule your appointment with a specialist using MyChart service. It’s convenient since you are able to choose your preferred appointment time.
Using MyChart, you can take advantage of the following services:
- Family Medicine;
- Internal Medicine;
- Screening Mammogram;
- Chiropractic Services;
- Altru Advanced Orthopedics;
- Some Obstetrics & Gynecology Services;
- Weight Management Consultations.
If need emergency care and can’t wait for a physician office visit, you can get help at Altru Express Clinic. In this case, you don’t need to schedule an appointment with a physician. Ther Express Clinic provides first aid for a variety of minor illnesses and injuries.
Altru Express eVisits connect you to a provider 24/7 through the MyChart patient portal. This a quick and convenient way to get medical attention for common illnesses online without having to go to a doctor. Through online messages, the provider may recommend a suitable treatment option, order a prescription to a pharmacy or request to see you in person if necessary. To use eVisits service, you need to log in to your MyChart account and fill out a short questionnaire regarding your medical condition. The service is available 24/7, including holidays. Specialists respond within 4 hours Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on weekends and holidays from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. All eVisits initiated after 7 p.m. Will be responded by providers by 11 a.m. the next day.
Using eVisits, you can discuss minor concerns like allergies, back pain, cough or sore throat, influenza, pink eye, sinus issues, diarrhea, skin burn, insect bites and rashes.
eVisits cost $40 and can be paid with debit or credit cards.
After-Hours Nurse Line
After-Hours Nurse Line is another service which is extremely useful if you are not sure if you need an appointment with a doctor or if you have a question about symptoms or other health concerns. A registered nurse will answer any of your questions during extended hours when offices are closed:
- Monday–Friday, 7 p.m.–5 a.m.
- Saturday–Sunday, 24 hours
A registered nurse can also suggest next steps for in-person care. You can call After Hours Nurse Line at 701.780.5000.
Hours and locations
Pediatric Express | Family Medicine Center
Monday – Friday, 7:30 – 8:30 a.m.
Monday – Thursday, 4-7 p.m.
1380 S. Columbia Road
Grand Forks, ND 58201
Altru Express Clinic | Altru Clinic East Grand Forks
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
607 Demers Ave
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
Altru Express Clinic | Altru Clinic Crookston
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
400 S Minnesota St
Crookston, MN 56716
New! Altru Express Clinic | Altru Clinic Devils Lake
Saturdays | 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
1001 7th St NE
Devils Lake, ND 58301
Category: Clinic Review