Medical Centers in the USA + Rating
More than 33 million hospitalizations take place in the country over the year, so hospitals must meet the highest standards of quality and safety.
But in reality, the situation looks very different. Very often, hospitals cannot help even those whose medical needs are relatively non-complicated, for example, who needs a hip replacement, an uncomplicated heart bypass surgery, or removal of a cancerous tumor in the colon. Community hospital offering patients such services are required to do it as profoundly as possible.
Even fewer hospitals succeed in helping patients with particularly complex diagnoses, for whom treatment is often a matter of life or death. It is better for such people to immediately seek specialized medical care, which at times can be quite far from the place where they live.
To simplify the tedious process of finding a suitable hospital, the US News resource made up several rating lists, the main of which introduces readers to the best hospitals in the USA.
Top Medical Clinic in the USA
The Best Bostitals Honor Roll rating was made up taking into account the number of specializations a hospital has, the assessment of the quality of procedures and conditions in each particular institution. The maximum score is 480 points.
The ten leaders have proudly topped the rating by the Mayo Clinic Hospital in Rochester, Minnesota, which excelled in 15 adults and 9 children’s specialties. During the year, 54.713 patients pass through it, and 72.247 visits are made to the first-aid department. In addition, Mayo Clinic is the best regional clinic in Minnesota.
Only one adult specialty lags behind the Cleveland Clinic leader in Cleveland, Ohio, who holds an honorable second place. 53,765 patients are assisted here and perform more than 90,000 operations per year. In addition to this, Cleveland Clinic is a training hospital.
Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland won the bronze in the ranking of the best hospitals, where the best specialists work in 15 adults and 10 children’s specialties. Over the course of the year, the hospital serves 48,459 patients, performing over 66,000 surgeries and receiving 101,337 people in the emergency department.
Mayo Clinic Phoenix completes twenty in Phoenix, Arizona, where doctors are ready to help patients in 10 adult specialties. The hospital serves 13,437 patients a year, performs more than 13,000 operations; 30,444 patients go through the emergency room.
Top 20 Medical Institutions
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota;
- Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio;
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland;
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts;
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco, California;
- University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor, MI;
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles, California;
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital, New York, New York;
- Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, Stanford, California;
- Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia, PA;
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California;
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri;
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois;
- UPMC Presbyterian Shadyside, Pittsburgh, PA;
- The University of Colorado Hospital, Aurora, Colorado;
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA;
- Duke University Hospital, Durham, North Carolina;
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York, NY;
- NYU Langone Medical Center, New York, NY;
- Mayo Clinic Phoenix, Phoenix, Arizona.